WHY SHOULD YOU PARTICIPATE?
In Australia, the frequency of suicide attempts and deaths is alarmingly high, with one life lost every 3 to 4 hours and an attempt made every 8 minutes. By participating in SafeTALK, you can help save lives. Learn more facts here.
WHAT WILL YOU GAIN?
The safeTALK program trains you to notice signs that someone might be contemplating suicide. It goes beyond the common tendencies to miss, dismiss, or avoid the topic, equipping you with actionable strategies to help those in need. Specifically, you will be able to:
- Recognise overlooked invitations for help
- Overcome the common tendencies to miss, dismiss, or avoid signs of suicide
- Identify situations where suicidal thoughts may be present
- Implement the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
- Connect individuals at risk to professional help and community resources
BECOME A SAFETALK AMBASSADOR
Once you have successfully completed your safeTALK training, we invite you to join us as a safeTALK Ambassador. As an ambassador, you’ll actively participate in raising awareness and promoting suicide prevention within our community. Your training not only prepares you to be a lifeline for someone in crisis but also makes you a crucial link in connecting those at risk with further professional help and resources.